We are a welcoming community of spirit & service.
Who we are:
We combine Christian traditions & services with the principles and core values of the Unitarian Universalist faith.
We are a congregation not bound by a specific creed or dogma yet subject to the guidance of the Spirit and the teachings of Jesus as a spiritual example.
We respect and explore many other spiritual traditions.
We are people joined as a community to encourage each person's spiritual growth and search for meaning and truth.
What we are:
We are an independent self-governing congregation, with a history dating back to 1653 when we gathered as a Puritan congregation and were the first church established Central Massachusetts .
We demonstrate our beliefs through worship, religious education, fellowship and loving service to each other and the world.
We respect these basic principles :
- The inherent worth and dignity of every person
- Justice, equity & compassion in human relations
- Acceptance of one another & encouragement to spiritual growth in our congregations
- Providing a free & responsible search for truth & meaning
- The right of conscience and the use of the democratic process within our congregations and in society at large
- The goal of world community with peace, liberty & justice for all
- Respect for the interdependent web of all existence of which we are a part
- We follow the teachings of Jesus Christ as a profound spiritual guide
- We believe in the importance of good works, not just good words
- Enriching our spiritual practice with other religious and spiritual traditions
- We believe that we all enter this world with original grace
- We ask that all people are accepted as you are
What we do:
We provide Sunday services and a shared ministry
We provide a sense of community, friendship & family
We provide support to local & national efforts to improve the lives of those in need
We provide service in order to make the world a better place for all
We provide programs and services for the exploration and growth of the spirit
We provide a Sunday school to teach children about all faiths and the worth of the individual